About ISSA International
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members. Thier mission is promoting effective cyber security on a global basis.
They do so by:
- Being a respected forum for networking and collaboration
- Providing education and knowledge sharing at all career lifecycle stages
- Being a highly regarded voice of information security that influences public opinion, government legislation, education and technology with objective expertise that supports sound decision-making
Integrity: Evidenced by a reputation for trustworthiness earned through ethical, fair, transparent, and professional behavior.
Excellence: Evidenced by a commitment to expertise and experience in our field.
Respect: Evidenced in appreciation of the value of diverse perspectives and experience in promoting a culture of leadership and innovation in a global organization.
About ISSA Barbados Chapter
The ISSA Barbados Chapter (BISSA) is a local chapter of ISSA International and has been actively involved in the field of involved in the information security in Barbados for over a decade. Many local information security professionals are either current or past members of our association. Though we are not a large organisation, we have actively reinforced the mission of ISSA by hosting events on various topics and pusblishing articles with media outlets about topics relevant to information security.
The ISSA Barbados Chapter aims to:
- Promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members;
- Encourage a free exchange of information security techniques,
approaches, and problem solving by its members;
- Provide adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in information processing and security which can be beneficial to them and employers;
- Communicate to management, and to systems and information processing professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the secure organization and utilization of information processing resources;
- Raise national awareness of personal information security issues; and
- Engage and become an advisory body to the local law makers on information security issues to guide formulation of adequate and suitable legislation
Below is a list of our current board members and their personal profiles.
& Event Director
|David Gittens||Mariette Simmons-Browne||Chad Hinds|